What birds might you see in the month of November? Here’s a few to keep a look out for…
- Dollarbirds nesting in NSW
- Channel-billed Cuckoos on passage through the Atherton Tableland
- Yellow Wagtails in northern Australia.
- Rufous Songlarks performing conspicuous song flights in southern Australia.
- Cicadabirds breeding in south-eastern Queensland
Interesting records from the past!
Antarctic Tern Kangaroo Island, SA 1st record for SA
Oriental Reed-Warbler Port Macquarie, NSW 1st record for NSW
Blue-winged Pitta Burrup Peninsula, WA 3rd record for Australia
Narcissus Flycatcher Barrow Island, WA 1st record for Australia
Common Chaffinch Macquarie Island 1st record for Macquarie Isl
Isabelline Wheatear Mt Carbine, Qld 1st record for Australia
Blue-and-White Flycatcher Broome, WA 2nd record for WA
Eurasian Hoopoe Roebuck Plains, WA 1st record for Australia
Chestnut-cheeked Starling Ashmore Reef 1st record for Australia